Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Giants winning with weak hitting

I know that I've been writing a bunch about the Giants, but it's completely justified because the games have been so intense. I'm watching the Rangers- Yankees game and I've seen a number of hard-hit balls even though the score is only 3-2 in the 5th. The Giants have scored eight runs in this series and outside of Cody Ross and his phenomenal three home runs, the Giants have only one other really hard hit all series and that was Rowand's double. No, I guess Burrell had a deep hit in Game 1. But the Giants don't seem to be hitting the Phillies pitching especially hard. Just timely hits when runners get on. Not wasting opportunities. Very economical. They probably are tops among playoff teams in having 1-2-3 innings for their offense. And that seemed true of the NLDS too. If I were a Phillies fan,mid be frustrated that my pitchers aren't getting hit hard, are striking out 8 batters a game, and still getting losses. First time in my life I've been a fan of a team who plays this way. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: