Friday, May 20, 2011

Zoofari 2011

Through fortuitous circumstances, we landed Zoofari tickets again this year. Last year, we were so naive, eating a bunch of pedestrian flavored carbs at the top of the Zoo only to find the delectable meats at the bottom.

This year, we went in like Bain Capital-era Mitt Romney, ruthlessly efficient and cruel. An excellent slider to whet the appetite and then bypassing a good number of non-steak establishments. This strategy paid off in spades as when we hit the meat section, I was still hungry. Which means I had to have sampled about 15 different steaks. And Mitt would have been proud because I wouldn't tolerate the trappings associated with the steaks. Arugula? Begone! Thumbs up to Cava for just handing out a slab of lamb and to Capital Grille for just doing steak and potatoes. (I should note that I didn't just limit myself to steak. I had sushi and some pastramied stomach. Two vendors had stomach this year, but I only went for the pastramied stomach.)

Although this year was satisfying, I felt a distinct loss of innocence this year, the difference between a 5 yr old and a teenager at Christmas, the former bedazzled by the number of presents, the latter calculating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope no animals were harmed in the feasting....I still find it ironic that you people eat large quantities of animals while looking at the ones who got away.