Saturday, October 30, 2010

Great momets in announcing

I feel like Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are good friends of mine after these many weeks of watching baseball. And like my good friends, they say some really stupid stuff. Now, I can't imagine how many stupid things I would say if I had to talk nonstop about baseball for three hours. But they had some lines that really killed me tonight

Joe: strike one
Tim: (admiringly) How many times have you said that tonight?

Now, he's trying to praise Colby Lewis and his ability go throw first pitch strikes. But, Joe says "strike one" almost EVERY batter! I think he didn't say "strike one" once, when Sanchez walked someone on four pitches. So, it's really not that impressive. More impressive is if Joe had said "first pitch strike."

Tim: and that's a breaking ball that breaks down.

Maybe someone has a breaking ball that breaks up. I haven't seen one.

Joe: (watching people buying food) Well, cardiologists are just grinning at this sight.
Tim: yeah, that will keep them in business

I think that's a violation of the Hippocratc Oath, right? BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: